Plantar fasciitis is a condition that causes inflammation (swelling) to the band of tissue that stretches between the heel and middle part of the foot.
- Poor foot posture
- Incorrect footwear
- Sudden increase intensity of exercise activity
- Tight calves
Symptoms & Identification
- Pain on the bottom of the heel, or nearby.
- Increased pain after exercise (not during).
- Pain in the arch of the foot.
- Pain that is worse in the morning or when you stand after sitting for a long time.
- A swollen heel.
- Pain that continues for months.
- A tight Achilles tendon.
Care & Treatment
At Home podiatry there are a range of treatments that can help relieve symptoms and reduce flare-ups. The choice of treatment will often depend on the patient’s severity of pain.